You will see the production process of Golden Flake snacks, from fresh whole potatoes and corn to the finished great tasting packaged snacks on their way to your local retailer.
See how we bag
If you could introduce a new Golden Flake snack, what would it be?
We want to know!
Once you've had a Golden Flake chip fresh off the production line, you'll never look at a bag of potato chips the same way again.
Golden Flake Tour Rules
To ensure your safety and our manufacturing integrity,
the following rules must be followed:
Welcome to Golden Flake. To help guarantee that we maintain the integrity of our products and to comply with Federal and the State of Alabama laws and regulations, we require that you read and agree to follow the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) listed below while you are in our plant:
1. Watches and all jewelry shall be removed (Plain wedding bands and medic alert items are exempt).
2. Closed toed and closed heel shoes must be worn. Tennis shoes are preferred. Absolutely no beach shoes, sandals, flip flops, or minimalist shoes.
3. Hairnets and beard nets shall be properly worn at all times. We will provide you with these nets. Hats are not permitted.
4. All tour participants must be 5 years of age or older. No cameras or video recorders (including phones) of any kind are allowed in the manufacturing areas.
5. Gum, candy, external food and drink are not allowed.
6. Tobacco use, in any form, is not allowed in the production facility. Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas.
7. Personal belongings, such as backpacks, purses and briefcases, are not allowed on the tour. Please secure these items in your vehicle.
8. Firearms or other weapons are not allowed.
9. Illegal drugs or substances are not allowed in or around our facilities.
10. Alcohol consumption is not allowed in or around our facilities.
11. Manufacturing areas can be hazardous. Please be aware of slippery floors and vehicle traffic. Avoid chemical storage areas and remain with a Golden Flake employee throughout your entire visit.
12. School Field Trip reservations will open on September 1 of each year. Please call early in the school year as our tour is very popular and fills quickly.
13. Our tour is wheelchair accessible.
14. Notice: Allergens are present! While we sell and distribute packaged peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds and other nut items, No nut items are processed here. However we have seasonings in the manufacturing process that include, but not limited to, milk, soy, and wheat are present in this facility. Those individuals that have allergic reactions to these items may want to consider just viewing our introductory video that shows the production process prior to the tour. These individuals must have their own supervision while others are on the tour.
Golden Flake Snack Foods reserves the right, for business reasons, to cancel, postpone or decline tour requests.
Our tours last approximately 45 minutes.